Recipe in Exile Trailer

Recipe in Exile Trailer

‘Recipe in Exile’ is a beautifully illustrated short film that we have had the privilege to publish in our inaugural issue ‘Beginnings’. It’s a moving film about displacement, violence, adaptation, culture, and heritage.

When we received the submission for our issue, we were all excited to be able to include a short film in the collection. However, it’s an interesting piece for a journal, as the media used are both illustration and film. Further, it has no dialogue. When we think of the intersection of film and non-fiction, it’s common to first think of documentary filmmaking or even true-crime. In this context, it might seem like a strange choice to include ‘Recipe in Exile’ in our first issue, but the truth of the film is apparent.

Even as the characters are anthropomorphised and symbolism is rife, the story is one that innumerable people have and will continue to experience. This is a story of how we are forced to begin again, how each generation is connected to the last, and how, ultimately, we can bring our roots with us.

‘Recipe In Exile’ tackles a very personal yet universal story about tradition, family heritage and adaptability. It is a tale that spans a hundred years, juxtaposing the lives of two immigrant women and linking them through a traditional family recipe being passed on from generation to generation.

The story is inspired by the Syrian refugee crisis in the context of the Armenian diaspora, highlighting the importance of holding on to our cultural heritage in order to stay connected to our roots, as we attempt to reinvent our lives.

Chantal Kassarjian is a Lebanese designer and animator of Armenian descent, based in Brooklyn. Her cultural heritage is intricately woven into her artistic vision and the meaningful stories she tells.

See the trailer below for a glimpse of the incredible artistic creation that can be found in Epoch Issue 1: Beginnings.

Samantha Mosca
Samantha Mosca

A jack of many trades: an actress, a writer, a poet, an academic, an activist, a photographer and podcast host, Samantha writes, takes photographs, and reviews submissions for the journal. Her literary interests span the spectrum of the written and spoken word.

1. 31 October, 2021 / 11:35 am

Thank you for another informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

2. 28 January, 2022 / 8:07 am

Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my weblog so i came to “return the choose”.I am trying to find things to improve my website!I guess its adequate to make use of a few of your concepts!!

3. 28 January, 2022 / 4:13 pm

I¦ve recently started a web site, the information you provide on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

4. 13 February, 2022 / 10:14 pm

As a Newbie, I am constantly searching online for articles that can aid me. Thank you

5. 14 February, 2022 / 12:45 am

I just like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here regularly. I’m slightly certain I’ll learn plenty of new stuff proper here! Good luck for the following!

6. 14 February, 2022 / 10:10 am

I’d have to examine with you here. Which is not one thing I usually do! I take pleasure in reading a post that may make folks think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!

7. 14 February, 2022 / 11:20 pm

I haven’t checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

8. 4 March, 2022 / 8:13 am

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am glad to convey that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I most for sure will make certain to do not omit this website and provides it a look on a constant basis.

9. 20 March, 2022 / 10:49 pm

I like the efforts you have put in this, thank you for all the great blog posts.

10. 20 May, 2022 / 8:50 am

Modify the combat, game aspects and play behavior
    The software features integrated editors for triggers, aliases, timers, scripts, keys, buttons and errors. Moreover, it offers support for debugging, importing and exporting elements. On occasion, you can also remove elements of the game profiles, so that the features seen in their original state.
    Create help documents and charts
    Thanks to the integrated IDE, Mudlet allows you to embed scripts, triggers, display colors, create a help chart and set https://onalonsmem.weebly.com

6add127376 bettas

11. 20 May, 2022 / 12:00 pm

The free edition of the app has all the features that are required to mask the physical address of your network adapters, while the premium edition also features very useful options such as auto-restore MAC address as well as the option to save and restore your settings.
    Undelete tool to save the settings of an old MAC
    NoVirusThanks MAC Address Changer provides users with a tool for the original data recovery, which is the undelete feature. Essentially, this tool allows you to save https://www.internetshoppingstore.co.uk/deeplink.php?dest=https://brokeprefsi.weebly.com

6add127376 genharr

12. 20 May, 2022 / 12:44 pm

The pack has vector files that can be used with Inkscape or Corel Draw.

Xavi’s Favorite Online Illustrations

Spotify Premium Keys for $0.99

Adblock for $4.99

Airbnb for $79.99

Uber for $11.96

Baidu A for $0.35

Download Photo Properties Like Flow

Color & Portrait is a free photo app that allows you to http://cse.google.co.il/url?sa=i&url=https://courrochibanc.weebly.com

6add127376 promhors

– PING ON OFF
    – Connection START/STOP
    – Switch https://pelicentge.weebly.com

6add127376 baldeny

14. 20 May, 2022 / 1:56 pm

The program…

100Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router from TP-LINK offers you high-speed connectivity for gaming, multimedia and streaming applications, as well as 2Mbps power-saving mode that saves up to 60 per cent energy compared to standard mode. The router is a must-have for homes with multiple…

The 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router from TP-LINK offers you high-speed connectivity for gaming, multimedia and streaming https://www.drch.top/wp-content/themes/begin/inc/go.php?url=https://gacumeci.weebly.com

6add127376 goldgled

15. 20 May, 2022 / 3:18 pm

License

GLM is licensed under the MIT License (MIT)

Changelog

This is a document describing the current version of GLM which may differ at time of posting.Q:

Bulk sequence lock not starting, SqlBulkCopy fails

I’m using some DB-commands (creation / deletion of tables) in a publication phase. The publications are triggered by a Quartz.NET job, I http://scripts.affiliatefuture.com/AFClick.asp?affiliateID=29219&merchantID=2543&programmeID=6678&mediaID=0&tracking=&url=https://aticalphe.weebly.com

6add127376 tyrejan

and click’settings’
    save your changes, reboot
    search for
    Solution Explorer,
    and find a
    Reference.cs file,
    launch it https://technospace.co.in/upload/files/2022/05/UuglXqWsJ9XTdS3pu2ij_19_3a609e33da09d787f4663e6cfe53f847_file.pdf 05e1106874 oletoma

17. 20 May, 2022 / 10:52 pm