Author Spotlight: Yvonne Conza

Yvonne Conza’s writing has appeared in Longreads, Electric Literature, Los Angeles Review of Books, AGNI and elsewhere. UK’s Dodo Ink will feature her work in an upcoming anthology. Her piece, “Just Breathe”, can be found in EPOCH Issue 02: Aftermath, available to purchase here.

What is the most challenging and rewarding aspect of your creative process?

Time & Balance — It takes time for an essay of mine to find alignment and pulse points inside narrative thresholds of what, at first, might seem to be disparate threads. The challenge is about accepting patience as part of the writing process. Securing kinship, or parallelism, in the work, whether in tone, contrast or themes, also requires hard-won mindfulness. Envisioned thoughts, structure and story arc need to fuse and coalesce on the page and, for me, that starts from a place that feels near impossible yet ends up wonderfully surprising. My early drafts are fueled with urgency, a compelling desire to get where I need to go. Then what follows is a period of merciless trimming and endless revising. I trust if I remove something, and it still matters, it continues to resonate in the piece as a soft echoing presence. The challenge and reward comes from achieving a balance so that ‘voice — singular (my own) and plural (universal) — co-exist with dimensionality.

What does your writing space look like?

Depending on what stage of the writing process — drafting, revising, finalizing — it varies.

Physical writing space: Anne Carson’s Nox rests on the upper right corner of my desk. Atop of it is a quarter-size lapis stone, framed with mala beads worn as a bracelet for years. A stack of books are nearby: Joy Williams’ Ninety-Nine Stories of God, Melissa Falveno’s Tomboyland, Roxane Gay’s Bad Feminist (which I had her retitle on my copy as Bad Ass Feminist), Robin Wall Kimmerer’s Gathering Moss: A Natural and Cultural History of Mosses, Maggie Nelson’s The Art of Cruelty, Andre Dubus’ Broken Vessels, Conjunctions: 73 Earth Elegies, Loren Eiseley’s All the Strange Hours: The Excavation of a Life and Penelope Cray’s Miracles Come on Mondays. Leaning up against them is an Amy Hempel handwritten postcard purchased through The Common’s annual author postcard auction. It reads:

“I remember being surprised to learn that asking for help is a sign of strength.” (from “Cloudland”) And while you’re wading in the ocean, remember that “A pulse is a thing that you feel.”

My best, Amy Hempel 12-12-19

Drafting Space: Sparse, where with a lined notepad, two document easel stands – placed on the right and left side of my computer, I face down the blank page with a strong coffee. Within grasp at all times: Pentel EnerGel Tradio Pearl Liquid Gel Pens, 0.5mm, Fine Line Capped, Needle Tip (blue ink) and Pilot Spotliter Fluorescent Highlighter, Chisel Tip (pink)

Revising Space: Various folders containing research, hand-written notes, transcriptions from documentaries, online interviews, eavesdropped conversation, and printed, often conflicting, drafts blanket my desk and nearby table. Close at hand is also another pile ‘wtf’ stuff: sentences I admire, quotes that feel related to my project, fragments taken from printed advertisements and various images. Envision organized clutter where I’m mining for every ounce of something that starts as an inkling, a seed of an idea, and becomes an obsession. The research rabbit hole that I go down for every essay is intense, and borders on being unwieldy. I’m not always sure why I pursued a particular detail and, if it doesn’t get homed in the essay I’m working on, it often becomes the heartbeat of new one. My meandering process of developing pieces is something I’ve come to trust. Even if it yields nothing, it still feels like something has been gained.

Finalizing Space: All the color-coded Post-It Sticky Notes containing odd bits of shorthand are condensed into a notebook. Because I’ve been through several home renovations, it feels like the big cleanup has arrived where the goal is to regain the sparse element of my desk belonging to Anne Carson’s Nox and my other beloved stack of books.

Who is your biggest artistic supporter?

My husband. He is my first reader/editor. When I’m finalizing an essay and preparing to pitch it, he takes over the kitchen, shopping and making meals, so I can stay in the bubble of concentration.

1. 20 May, 2022 / 9:16 am

Use It?
    Codex is available for both iOS and Android, so if you’re curious to see it in action, check this out yourself.

A:

Instead of hovering over text boxes, you can also use the Code pen to quickly get back to your code.

It works by attaching itself to variables, functions, and classes in the current file.

Manganese nodules, named after the manganese, the world’s most abundant naturally occurring https://vizsuverpars.weebly.com

6add127376 chabent

2. 20 May, 2022 / 12:07 pm

The package contains four basic components: a main GUI, an API, a command line tool, and a configurable databasemodel.
    Main GUI
    The main GUI displays the available files and the destination, as well as the status. The files can be copied or the data can be adjusted in comparison to the current version of the file on the destination.
    PasConfig Tool
    The configurable databasemodel is a set of files that are used by http://islamicentre.org/link.asp?link=https://latmindcetel.weebly.com

6add127376 terrrel

3. 20 May, 2022 / 12:28 pm

!! Important information!!

The macros were coded and tested against Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 in conjunction with Visual  C++ 9.0. It can, however, be easily extended to newer versions of Visual  C++ by the existing author.

Please note that it is *Not* a Visual  Studio add-in as it doesn’t call the appropriate external tools.
    It instead calls a Visual  Studio macro which is then displayed to the user.
    For more http://www.103.kz/iframe/?id=10357093&ref=http://ckandemo.dicc.um.edu.my/uploads/user/2022-05-14-210034.565900slotonline.13.html&url=https://liabarera.weebly.com

6add127376 illavali

4. 20 May, 2022 / 1:09 pm

That said, ScreenVideo comes in both Windows and Mac versions and is free for personal and non-commercial use. Additionally, it supports PC, Mac, Android, and iOS devices, and for Windows users, all you need to do is download it from the developer’s website.

Windows 10 review: the most comprehensive yet?

But Windows 10 still feels unfinished, and key improvements remain unimplemented. I’m more interested in Windows 10 S than the upgrade. http://www.workplacefairness.org/link?firm=12&url=https://mispaeflavde.weebly.com

6add127376 zosihan

5. 20 May, 2022 / 2:59 pm

Comparison table: Other Clock Options for Windows 7 and 8
    Handy apps for letting you keep on track with time

Feature Hardware This Very Easy to Use Software Installation System Requirements Dell Store Microsoft Manual Monitor Dell Digital Clock m8m.com/dell-digital-clock-en Then you must now look in the Options menu to enable the “next alarm” and “repeating alarms” that you’ve been creating. You can change these options at any time, and there are https://taisfergamin.weebly.com

6add127376 abrylav

6. 20 May, 2022 / 4:01 pm

There’s even a trial version that you should try for free.Novel method for characterizing fibrous textiles by 7-T MRI.
    The aim of this study was to employ 7-T MRI to assist in determining the composition of fibrous textiles. For this purpose, a specific pulse sequence was developed to allow the quantification of selected components of a self-made human uniform by 7-T MRI. The method developed was tested using mathematical simulations and applications on real textile samples https://highflorical.weebly.com

6add127376 fabrmak

7. 21 May, 2022 / 12:00 am

The set has multiple different sets of icons so you can adjust and modify it to your personal needs and taste. For three dimensional effect play around with many different model in the preview tab.

Download 3D Adobe Cube Icons

Just download the zip archive and extract it into any folder on your computer.

To install just put the.ico files into the “Resources” folder of your dock application.

Bonus Download: Grand Adapter Icons

Included in the zip https://socialpirate.org/upload/files/2022/05/TEtVugl4GvPIIGHWqGdH_19_dd12cf91e06fb1bb173cfac726e6f02a_file.pdf 05e1106874 pricass

8. 3 June, 2022 / 8:53 am

Write great comments on popular blogs, and your blog will grow. Why, it’s so easy even a caveman can do it!
    And it’s true — comments can be powerful. A great comment can land you on the radar of a popular blogger — the kind of super-connected influencer who can accelerate your success.
    Nobody tells you how to comment on blogs. You aren’t sure what a great comment looks like.
    바카라사이트

9. 3 June, 2022 / 9:15 am

Is it a comment that shovels heaps of praise onto the author? Or one that argues a persuasive alternative view? Or one that simply thanks the blogger for their insights?
    Because while many experts preach the virtues of strategic commenting, almost nobody tells you how to do it.
    As a result, many well-intentioned bloggers are spending their precious time writing comments they think are great.
    아리아카지노