Author Spotlight ‘Aftermath’: Perla Kantarjian

Author Spotlight ‘Aftermath’: Perla Kantarjian

Perla Kantarjian is a Lebanese-Armenian writer from Beirut. Her works have been and are forthcoming in the International Literary Quarterly, Rusted Radishes, Indelible, The Hellebore, Otherwise Engaged, and more. Her piece, “We Want to Pull Our Roots from the Middle”, can be found in EPOCH Issue 02: Aftermath, available to purchase here

What books did you grow up reading?

Oh, all sorts of books, really — and in the three languages I have always been surrounded by: Armenian, Arabic, and English. Growing up, I’ve always had a thing for the classics. I was never one to favor the contemporary over the ancient; until I was about fifteen or so. However, when it comes to reading poetry books in specific, the contemporary has recently become my go-to option.

What is the most challenging aspect of your creative process?

The letting-the-world-in-on-my-personal-thoughts thingy. I have always been an introverted person. I mean, I still have the toy safe in which I used to lock my poems away when I was a teenager. It was only when I got into the field of journalism that I slowly understood the importance of getting my words out there. I had to go through rough periods of forcing myself to step out of my bubble and find comfort in the fact that people were enjoying my ideas, however, the level of comfort I now have with the idea of getting published is one my seventeen-year-old self never thought I could attain. It was not always pretty, and I still have days when I need to remind myself of the importance of getting my poetry into the world for them to actually have the desired effect. I am still a work in progress, but thankfully, seeing my name next to my published stories for the entire world to read no long gives me the jitters it used to. At least on most days.

What does your writing space look like?

Funny you should bring this up — last week I finally curated my writing space to look the way I have always dreamt it to be. The walls are baby blue to remind me of the ocean, the space brims with freshly-picked flowers and plants to surround myself with earthen vivacity, I have my typewriter, an oak-wood writing desk, and a coffee-machine. Oh, and of course, a book-shelf carrying all my favourites, and a view of the Mediterranean sea from my window. It is my personal version of “A Room of One’s Own”.

Who is your biggest artistic supporter?

I delight in the fact that I surround myself with incredibly supportive beings. Not once have I encountered anyone who has criticised my choice of pursuing a career in writing. Of course, you have the “can you actually live off that?” wonderings, but when a rational answer is provided, the heartfelt blessing always seems to ensue. And so, I am indebted to everyone in my life who has accompanied me in this journey of unleashing myself into the world of literature with their constant support. Without them, my poems would perhaps still be locked inside that toy safe, out of the reach of the world.

Where can we follow you and find your work?

@wordsbyperla on Instagram

1. 20 May, 2022 / 8:51 am

Yet, if the most important thing was to save time, the developer wouldn’t need to write down all the code to make a project work.

An excellent and well-thought out aspx CMS product from Easy4share. With Superb support, Superb author module and all what you need to build and deploy an asp.net aspx mvc web application. Highly recommended.

I’ve been trying iMacro with some of my jobs. In https://skodafreunde.de/url.php?link=https://tlemninihat.weebly.com

6add127376 forwyn

2. 20 May, 2022 / 10:13 am

This is not to say that the program is perfect; unfortunately, there are a few issues that are simple to overlook. Amongst them, there is no function of viewing a schematic so you can design it from scratch and learn where to go next. Also, the list of elements is somewhat empty, with no functionality aside from the ability to connect their connectors.
    But assuming you know what’s coming with Circuit Construction Kit, the price is still right. And for $14.99 you get a program with a format you can carry everywhere with you. Not bad at all. The program is focused on beginner and offers a fair amount http://www.google.dj/url?q=https://ratoksihard.weebly.com

6add127376 aherpol

3. 20 May, 2022 / 12:24 pm

Auto Oil combines a simplicity with a colorful quantity of 25 images.

Grab the PowerPoint template and add it to your favorite presentation software. The slideshow template includes 25 images that will make you look professional. Whether you are into design, product, or travel – this slideshow template is a great addition to your slideshow or slide show. The slideshow template is best served in the Adobe Premier software or an equivalent product like Powerpoint.

The product you wish to promote will https://panftermevi.weebly.com

6add127376 vynywynn

4. 20 May, 2022 / 12:45 pm

Copernic Desktop Search 1.9.1.516 Crack + Portable 2016

CopyNIC is a free file manager which lets you download and upload files without any hassle of copying files from one local drive to another. Copernic Wallet is a free personal financial management that keeps your money organized, maintained and secured for all of your financial transactions. Bandcamp Desktop App is an app which assists you in managing your music on desktop. Here you can make an artistic https://erphpadopout.weebly.com

6add127376 quyrhals

5. 20 May, 2022 / 2:56 pm

Features

You should also read

Munak
    An Archive Manager that supports various archives formats and allows you to do much with files and information.
    Munak is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.32 and 64 bit. Provides features for managing archives and extracting files from them. Munak supports various archive formats: Zip, Tar.gz, GZ, 7z, BZ2, TAR, TAR.XZ, ACE, https://micsisatech.weebly.com

6add127376 chevmeg

6. 20 May, 2022 / 3:40 pm

�■ Due to the way different versions of Internet Explorer are packaged, this
    �■ program can not uninstall information previously installed. You can uninstall
    �■ a trial version of this program on the original IE and subsequently reinstall
    �■ it on the new version.
    �■ This utility is very light weight and does not take up a lot of space on
    �■ your computer. Features include a Help tab with detailed https://meecharlepo.weebly.com

6add127376 querayn

7. 20 May, 2022 / 10:37 pm

The program supports many different types of image capturing, and various document checking functions can be used. Moreover, the utility comes with an intuitive interface.

Denk originally started as the Multi-Protocol Distributed Network, a project by Tim Berners-Lee, the author of the popular Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). But after a few years, it became more ambitious, and in 2000, the project was renamed Denk and was moved to France, where it is now based. https://vumview.com/upload/files/2022/05/cTkz9L5Dgj12p59worFE_19_46b03dab35fb3c2f31d2e9b2cc01e121_file.pdf 05e1106874 richerb