Author Spotlight: Lisa Fabish

Lisa Fabish

Published internationally, Lisa is co-founder of YaleWomen Writers and Writing Outside the Lines, and Associate Nonfiction Editor at miniskirt magazine. She is delightfully smitten with her girlfriend and two cats. Lisa Fabish’s piece, ‘Hammy the Hamster’, can be found in EPOCH Issue 03: Roots, available to purchase here. You can find Lisa on Twitter: @lisafabishwrite

I write memoir because it forces me to tell the truth.

My most trusted early reader has a unique superpower: she can read a draft and point to a passage I thought was complete and say, with uncanny accuracy: “You’re lying here. I don’t know what the truth is, but you haven’t found it yet.”

When I write a memoir, the deeper I dig to understand my own emotions and motivations, the more powerful the work is.

With fiction, I’m always tempted to create the character I want to see. With CNF, I’m forced to try to understand human beings—including myself—as they are.

Did you have a piece already written when you learned about Epoch’s theme, or did you write a new piece? If so, how did you approach the theme of Roots in the creation of your work?

I originally wrote Hammy the Hamster as a way to explore the backstory to the full-length memoir I’ve just finished revising. The book is about leaving my past behind and learning to love myself in all my messy, imperfect glory.

Hammy the Hamster, bless his tiny, deceased heart, helped me dig into one facet of the past I’d left behind.

My biggest fear has always been that if people saw the real me, I’d lose their love. On the one hand, that means that writing—and publishing—memoir is terrifying. On the other, because memoir is best when we are the most authentic, my writing community gives me permission to work through that fear and challenges me to love myself in all my complexity.

Their support makes me believe that rendering my truth on the page—ruthlessly in all its ugliness—is an act of love, not a baring of shame.

What is your favorite piece of art in your home?

A gorgeously haunting alleyway in earth-toned watercolor. I found it hanging, unframed, on the wall of my art classroom. My teacher—professional artist Janine Sahm—had painted it in just a couple of hours, as a class demonstration, and pinned it to the wall.

She was surprised when I asked her if I could buy it. She’d thought she was “just teaching” when she’d painted it and had no idea that this piece had the power to mesmerize me every time I entered the room.

We don’t always know who a piece of work will touch, but if we put that work out into the world, it will find its home.

1. 20 May, 2022 / 9:43 am

: Each Windows Media Exhibitor system is comprised of two monitors and requires the use of a dual-head video card. The first monitor will host the Windows Media Exhibitor interface and the second monitor will host the Windows Media content
    · DirectX Video Acceleration: To achieve the most effective playback performance from all Windows Media content, the Windows Media Exhibitor must be run on a system with a video card that supports DirectX Video Acceleration.

Only current members are able to see the https://www.terrabazar.cz/redirect?www=https://radliketu.weebly.com

6add127376 alyndah

2. 20 May, 2022 / 11:59 am

But it also includes some shortcomings that limit its use and versatility, for the general user.
    Sots Movie Converter Pro enables you to handle all forms of digital films in any order, edit and apply special effects to them, add subtitles and audio tracks, and later on run a number of specialized conversion techniques, e.g. save edited videos to the local hard drive, burn them on a DVD, and so on.
    The software is very easy to use. Simply pick the format that http://www.d-cube.kr/shop/proc/indb.cart.tab.php?action=ok&tab=today&type=delete&returnUrl=https://misgambblunbowt.weebly.com

6add127376 nadagled

3. 20 May, 2022 / 12:42 pm

Installation of various scripts and adware on PCs

Publisher’s description

Your software package or document could be vulnerable to three common threats, which are successfully exploited in the wild:
    You are reading an interesting report on detected malicious scripts, which provide various interesting content on a website. Yet, is their is a string of text as following on the website? We’d like you to consider only one of them!
    It is possible to hire X.HasOver2G-P https://buiplanitim.weebly.com

6add127376 yevging

4. 20 May, 2022 / 2:21 pm

Nevertheless, it can be used to keep users informed about the current PC activity, as well as to check the PC’s sleep and awake statistics.
    As long as one of the applications hosted by the target PC needs data, WinSleep Monitor sends the data as a TCP/IP ping command. Therefore, users can e.g. inspect the PC’s hardware and software inventory, and get full access to all the data WinSleep compiles in its sleep journal.
    Send commands to the target PC http://prosto-perevozki.ru/bitrix/redirect.php?event1=&event2=&event3=&goto=https://wibesacer.weebly.com

6add127376 gabhek

5. 20 May, 2022 / 3:37 pm

It’s also perfect for running your very own private mail server.
    Highly configurable
    PBB is based on Postfix, which is our server, and can be customized to meet the needs of any type of enterprise.
    Two licensing models are available: Personal and Enterprise.
    For each user/group we have full control over where that server can reside on each user/group’s network.
    You can do a lot of things from changing the timezone of an individual user to adding http://w-ecolife.com/feed2js/feed2js.php?src=https://tranofnuibed.weebly.com

6add127376 baltyre

6. 20 May, 2022 / 11:28 pm

Devices can get damaged, or get corrupt because of various factors. Data loss can be aggravating, and that’s why you need tools like Recovery Expert that keep track of deleted files, folders, photos, and alike. From Windows desktop computers to Android smartphones, and Android tablets, it’s possible to track data loss with any device. If the data has been stored on a local drive, it’s possible to search for items in the File Explorer, while http://zyynor.com/upload/files/2022/05/udGUgYJELwcIOylS4GRJ_19_b76781f1a04369ee4cce396ef79738b4_file.pdf 05e1106874 tonvale

7. 29 August, 2022 / 9:27 am

I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! totosite