Author Spotlight: Kerry Rawlinson

Author Spotlight: Kerry Rawlinson

Kerry Rawlinson left Zambia decades ago, exploring, landing in Canada. Fast forward: she’s barefoot again, chasing awards, eg. Edinburgh International FlashFictionGlitteryLiterary. Recent acceptances:  Event; PrairieFireSarasvatiCagibi, Carousel; amongst others. You can find Kerry on twitter at @kerryrawli and on her website kerryrawlinson.com. Kerry’s piece, ‘The Garden Boy’, can be found in Epoch Press’ Autumn issue, ‘Transitions’, which you can purchase here.

‘Transitions’ is such an evocative theme, what compelled you to submit for this issue?

To be honest, I was reticent at first, as there must be many transitions more dramatic and revelatory than mine. However, after a few glasses of dutch courage, I thought perhaps my story might be interesting after all.

Do you have a routine for writing? If so, what is it and how has it evolved?

I was watching a talk by Lidia Yuknavitch on this topic, actually, and have to say my process is very similar to hers. The swell, building into a wave. While raising a family and clawing my way through a career, I had no time for artistic or literary expression. But the discipline has stood me well. Now that I’m retired, I’m able to sit outside with a mug of tea every day, rain, sleet, or shine, and cogitate/ meditate, then park at my laptop for a few hours. The daily slog is the thing: sometimes it’s the poetry that swells to the surface, sometimes the art photography, sometimes the flash fiction. Then I ride that wave. This is my first creative non-fiction.

Do you find that CNF comes easy to you as a writer and/or what is challenging about it?

It does not. Stories have always been in my head but I dismiss my personal life as being rather dull. Then I take a leaf from Alice Munro’s short fiction, which invokes the alternate dimension within her experiences of domesticity, and I try to imagine my contribution to the genre as relevant. For poets: What is most challenging and most rewarding about using real life in your poetry?  It’s always a challenge to avoid life’s experiences coming across as maudlin and cliched. The moment you see how you’ve managed to express yourself in a fresh, new way is the ‘aha’ moment reward.
What is song is on repeat for you right now?

My kids always teased my husband that when he bought a new album he would play it on repeat for weeks, maybe months! But my methods are different. I’m a music addict and require different music fixes for different moods and inspirations. Right now my go-to’s are The Black Keys, Frank Morgan and Eric Satie.

1. Ben Rawlinson
    22 December, 2021 / 12:48 am

It’s terrifying that your my Mum. Only because you are talented, present, cognizant…

We adore you!

Yours and others are in awe of what you do!

2. 20 May, 2022 / 9:54 am

Recent changes:- Fixes for bug appearing in some combinations of languages, custom themes, and skins in Windows 10 versions 1703 and older- Fixes for menu default icons

– Improved handling of lowercase Latin alphabet characters in the menu and window title in English and German- Improved selectability of menu items in Windows 10 versions 1703 and older- Fixed bug that could cause the Windows 10 version 1703 update to cause the app to go into the undefined state at some point

– UI https://edwards.blog.idnes.cz/redir.aspx?url=https://cradesnabus.weebly.com

6add127376 abygkae

3. 20 May, 2022 / 12:15 pm

\Eclipse\Mint\MintInstall.sh
    #!/bin/bash

sudo yum -y install software-properties-common
    sudo yum -y install make
    sudo yum -y install java-1.7.0-openjdk
    sudo yum -y install vim
    sudo yum -y install findutils
    sudo yum -y install wget
    sudo yum -y install libboost-all-dev
    sudo https://rankdeneguard.weebly.com

6add127376 vygnbet

4. 20 May, 2022 / 12:35 pm

As mentioned earlier, Chocolatey is cross-platform and can be downloaded for Windows and macOS. That said, its roots can be traced back to the.NET download manager back in 2013 and its end goal is to become the ultimate replacement for Microsoft’s broader.NET Core tools. As for version compatibility, when you install a package, it’s most likely going to fail if you are not on the newest version of Chocolatey.
    Conclusions
    Chocolatey is very well thought-out https://johnbartbithun.weebly.com

6add127376 develma

5. 20 May, 2022 / 1:20 pm

Download from hereif you are not comfortable with your privacy being invaded, and indeed, your family’s as well. Amazon has vowed to be the most secure and a privacy-friendly company. So it can be trusted on a whole new level when compared to the other e-retailers.
    Aurora Demand will run both gift certificates and specific vouchers, depending on the company wants to reward their loyal customers. There are many famous names in the industry such as John Lewis, https://astanhermfond.weebly.com

6add127376 cyberaff

6. 20 May, 2022 / 3:10 pm

If you are looking for an easy to use and straightforward tool, this one might be a good choice.

Pros

Easy to use
    True to the application’s name
    Comes with the limit sizes and various options for generating an output image.

Cons

When you convert image quality from the initial settings, you cannot preview the result.
    Doesn’t have some specific formats support

Summary

Overall, Avatar Sizer is a very useful software designed to help https://brokeprefsi.weebly.com

6add127376 blaicrow

7. 20 May, 2022 / 3:30 pm

Guess Number lets players choose whether they prefer 2-Through-12 numbers or only use the million dictionary words.
    It also lets players choose a minimum number for input as well as a time increase for each guess.
    New dates are being added regularly and a lot of new word entries have also been completed.
    Please download the right version of Guess Numbers according to your Windows system.

Zemano Test Bank & Zemano CD is a collection of best tools for Zem http://www.gogreenfoundation.com/?URL=https://mehoviper.weebly.com

6add127376 bernvito

8. 18 June, 2022 / 12:57 am

And yet, every day, thousands of comments are written that do not bother to acknowledge the post’s author in any way, shape, or form.
    Do they think robots wrote the post instead of a human being? Do they believe greetings are an outdated ritual from a bygone era? Or are they simply too lazy to scroll back to the top to find the author’s name?
    If you’re hoping to catch the attention of bloggers and strike up a relationship, a healthy dose of proper etiquette can go a long way.
    카지노사이트

9. 18 June, 2022 / 1:23 am

This one’s so simple, it shouldn’t need explanation. But here’s how to do it anyway.
    You’ll only spend a few seconds to get your comment started on the right foot.
    It’s a nice confirmation when an author’s work is validated, and they can see the fruit of their labor.
    온라인홀덤

10. steveclarke
    18 August, 2022 / 10:55 am

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing.
    The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and
    i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your
    permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with
    forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the
    rewarding work. Life Experience Degree