Author Spotlight: G. H. Plaag

Author Spotlight: G. H. Plaag

Griffin Plaag is a writer, musician, historian, and baseball enthusiast living in Roanoke, Virginia (though he’s a New Englander at heart), where he’s pursuing an MFA at Hollins University.

His piece ‘Heaven and Earth’ can be found in Epoch Issue 01: Beginnings (available to purchase here).

Where do you find inspiration?

Though literature’s been an important part of my life since I was one of those kids who was either reading or doing something else, and I could rattle off a list of favorite [sic] authors and creative influences, the truth of the matter is that I draw inspiration most of all from the people around me. That’s not to say that every person I encounter is inspiring, per se—only that life is a swirling collection of intersecting stories, whether you’re waiting among strangers in a cold train station or warm at home with friends you love, and that if you pay close enough attention those stories will speak to you. People think the artist creates the art; in my view, it’s quite the other way around.

Why do you write?

There are sort of two answers to this—the first is that I love it, of course, and the second is that it’s really the only thing I’m very much good at. Really what I mean is that I’d like to effect change for the better during my brief stay in this world, and given that I’m useless at anything math-oriented and a clinically terrible networker, but rather quick with words, writing seems like the best path for me to do that.

What are you reading now?

My current project is Moby Dick, which I’ve never gotten around to before now. I’m about halfway through, and it’s as good as they say. I happen to have joint fantasies of working as a fisherman on a boat somewhere off the coast of northern New England and someday writing a real tome of a novel, and this has been the intersection of those interests. Really a wonderful meditation on art itself, and also a great place to learn some outdated facts about whales.

How to follow me

As of right now, I haven’t gotten a website for my work off the ground! I suppose if you want to hear more from me you’ll have to pen me a letter, or scour the internet for my name.

1. Jon McNulty
    11 February, 2021 / 6:49 am

Hi Griffin,

Your uncle Bill sent this interview to me. It’s been a few years since Trudy and I saw you. Probably at the traditional 4th of July family celebration.

It looks as if you are on the road to a literary career and music as well. I do recall your love of baseball. The trip you took with your father going to several different major league baseball cities was fantastic.

Best of luck now and in the years ahead.

2. 4 February, 2022 / 11:27 pm

Spot up with this write-up, I honestly think this web site requirements a great deal more consideration. I’ll oftimes be once more to learn a great deal more, thank you that information.

3. 20 May, 2022 / 8:29 am

With this pack of icons available, users can properly display their files and can also make their existing applications unique so that they can demonstrate better with the user. And everything is done in real time without any problems at all.

PassiveConverter is a light and easy-to-use bitmap converter for PNG, ICO and JPG files, so you can easily change any image into compatible format, even if you have no other image editing software at hand.

BaseNfc https://latmindcetel.weebly.com

6add127376 fabrhol

4. 20 May, 2022 / 8:48 am

Digital Television – Provides samples and tools for programming software that will launch a T.V. on an Panasonic CF-U1 or CF-H1.
    Digital Television Host – The fastest way to write your own Digital T.V. Host. I have created an example Digital TV Host that is very easy to use.

Panasonic CF-H2 SDK is a powerful development toolkit aimed at programmers who want to create software applications for Panasonic computers. It consists of:
    Barcode Reader – Contains libraries, samples and applications used to interface with integrated barcode reader on CF-U1, CF-H1 https://scoplabnema.weebly.com

6add127376 whoomoon

5. 20 May, 2022 / 11:58 am

Spotify, the gold standard for online music streaming, has finally made its way to Windows Phone. As you can probably already tell, the app is nothing short of amazing. An ambiance in the style of a classic streaming portal, Spotify has an incredibly gorgeous UI and full-featured functionality. So what’s really going on under the hood? Read along to find out.
    Making the rounds
    Spotify landed on Windows Phone 6 (aka, the Silver Lyrical Edition), http://zaky.sentradetox.com/librari/share/index.php?url=https://mollirirep.weebly.com

6add127376 roseaby

6. 20 May, 2022 / 12:21 pm

By default, it scans files on the computer drive, but you can add the directory tree under this folder as well.
    User Interface
    A GUI for the tool would not be useful, since it does not provide any helpful information and does not scale well. However, it can be useful when you have a software problem, and the user has not installed any antivirus or removed this app.
    VirutKiller uses configuration files to define what to check for. If you have installed https://Fen.Gku.An.Gx.R.Ku.Ai8.Xn–.Xn–.U.KMeli.S.A.Ri.C.H4223@www.trackroad.com/conn/garminimport.aspx?returnurl=https://riesunadard.weebly.com

6add127376 maricry

7. 20 May, 2022 / 3:55 pm

To learn more, download the official tutorial, the free-to-download PDF book, or one of the a set of examples available in the downloadable archive. With this library, we claim to have created the best PDF API available for.NET.
    As of this writing, the SelectPdf Library for.NET is available for free (under the basic programming license, without royalties). Contact us if you want to use SelectPdf Library for.NET for commercial purposes.

License https://prominovdjok.weebly.com