Author Spotlight: Denise Mills

Author Spotlight: Denise Mills

Denise Mills is a writer and introverted connection-enthusiast living in regional NSW, Australia. You can find her on Twitter here and on her website denisemills.net. Denise’s piece ‘My Mother’s Gnome’ can be found in Epoch Press’ Autumn issue, ‘Transitions’, which you can purchase here.

‘Transitions’ is such an evocative theme, what compelled you to submit for this issue?

‘Transitions’ is a beautiful theme that allowed me to explore the evolution of a fundamental relationship with my life, being the relationship with my mother. Living exactly half her life in an abusive and controlling environment with my father, she ‘existed’ more than she lived. While there was always love between us, her focus – her entire life force, really – was spent ‘keeping the peace’ and avoiding my father’s meltdowns. After she received a terminal cancer diagnosis, that all changed, and I loved sharing the beautiful transformation that followed and the process of getting to know her for the first time.

Do you have a routine for writing? If so, what is it and how has it evolved?

I have a routine where I write every morning, even if it’s for only ten minutes. When I fall out of this routine I start to feel as though my life lacks purpose; that it’s all about work and paying bills. It’s a quick downward spiral. I have decided that purpose isn’t something you find outside of yourself, it’s something you have to bring into your life. For me, it’s about dedicating time to things I’m interested in without worrying about outcomes.

Do you find that CNF comes easy to you as a writer and/or what is challenging about it? For poets: What is most challenging and most rewarding about using real life in your poetry?

Sometimes CNF comes easily and there’s a good flow, sometimes it’s more of a struggle. It’s easy to write down a memory and some personal thoughts, but turning that into a story someone else may enjoy is another thing entirely.

What is song is on repeat for you right now?

I used to like heavier music, but lately I can’t get enough of the classical stuff. Comptine d’un autre été is something I could listen to all day, although I’m probably the only person who didn’t like the movie Amélie.

1. 20 May, 2022 / 8:13 am

Easy to use
    TaskToCal is developed to be simple to use. All it takes is to choose the event or meeting to schedule or view the calendar and to select the task or meeting after it.
    Calendar events and appointments are displayed in a specific view, making the process fast and simple.
    Compatible with Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013
    It supports Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013, which makes it an ideal tool for users with different versions of the software.

Do https://www.kingswelliesnursery.com/?URL=https://mistyamilco.weebly.com

6add127376 marnept

2. 20 May, 2022 / 9:31 am

There are some additional utilities included in the program, but they have not much value.
    In case you want to get Image Convert Jpg Jpeg Bmp Tiff Gif Png Free for yourself, you can get a fully functional version right now. The trial version is available for free, and if you like what you see, you can make a purchase and get access to it right away.

Sponsored

RSS chief: Yahoo may have spent $7m on propaganda – https://presregsmillcal.weebly.com

6add127376 zabrberk

3. 20 May, 2022 / 11:38 am

If your browser offers an option to hide search bar, you may want to turn it off, because many junk software falsely claim that their software helps you search better and faster. For example, the software prevents trackers to collect your browsing history. But it can obstruct your navigation in a web page. Let us now understand how to disable search bar in Windows.
    Please note that disablement of search bar is done for search queries only.

Steps to disable search bar on Windows https://specgicorlo.weebly.com

6add127376 nichass

4. 20 May, 2022 / 1:07 pm

Program’s name :

CDK Descriptor Calculator

Version : 0.0.1

Description

Use CDK Descriptor Calculator for calculating descriptors. The main window has two buttons: to calculate and show results. Selecting calculate button applies to all descriptors in table and shows results, the button can also be used for calculating descriptors for a part of the frame. Selection of show results button shows the results from a specific descriptor, which can https://concporcude.weebly.com

6add127376 vurnshar

5. 20 May, 2022 / 2:00 pm

A simple way to optimize your operation and dramatically cut down on the time spent merging your presentations is to use the program, resulting in saving you many hours and making the process easier than ever.
    Since the application has a graphical interface, it is simply easier to access. However, if you prefer to work through the command line it has that covered too. You can quickly merge multiple files, and you can even generate your own unique document

Taget : Okdo PowerPoint Merger Command Line https://www.petersime.com/?URL=https://slanpuboka.weebly.com

6add127376 margary

6. 20 May, 2022 / 3:41 pm

A quick note: Crazyones is a small fish in a sea of similar extensions. As such, you won’t find anything remarkable in my writeup. Let’s hope it will be a good reference for you to get going.

If you’ve been following The Wired Cookie blog for a while now, you may already know that I’m a Firefox fan. Today’s article comes from the same page, and it talks about how Firefox knows what sites I visit the most, and makes https://fomeduckko.weebly.com

6add127376 jeanper