Author Spotlight: Camille Adams

Camille Adams wearing a red top and gold jewellery

Camille Adams’s piece, ‘We Reach’, can be found in EPOCH Issue 03: Roots, available to purchase here.

I write memoir because I’m concerned with uncovering microcosmic and macrocosmic hard truths. Training a close lens on one’s life allows for the discovery of broader phenomena at work that, upon being unveiled and interrogated, can hopefully be corrected. I think that the personal is societal, cultural, racial, geographical, psychological, sociological, environmental, lingual, pedagogical, historical, and art. Memoir thus functions as an access point and an archive.  I’m also a poet and my CNF contains poetic elements.

Did you have a piece already written when you learned about Epoch’s theme, or did you write a new piece? If so, how did you approach the theme of Roots in the creation of your work?

I had a piece already written and thought that  “We Reach” would be fitting for Epoch’s theme since my narrative centres around a Trinidadian teenager seeking to immigrate to NYC to join a mother who left six years before the present moment of the piece. The narrator believes she has a home again with her mother in whom she will find rest and be rooted. Of course, her seeking to be rooted means that she is contending with rootlessness, and in the memoir essay we consider what happens when one’s roots are bound not to a place, but a person.

I often describe writing memoir as being sucked into another world via the pen, which serves as a portal. One becomes immersed in surging memories as if having been plunged into a deep ocean. My greatest challenge is firmly grounding myself again in the present once I emerge from submersion in the difficult scenes I’m ushering onto the page.

I’m cheating. My favourite two pieces are a giant, golden mandala wall tapestry and my thriving pothos plants hanging from the ceiling.

1. 12 February, 2022 / 6:21 pm

you have a very great weblog here! do you need to develop invite posts in my small weblog?

2. 13 February, 2022 / 12:06 am

investing is tricky, sometimes you win and sometimes you loss. Risk takers win of course..

3. 11 March, 2022 / 4:17 pm

sex doll shopping Why You Shouldn’t Feel Off-kilter About Your Significant other’s Sex Dolls Assortment Habit?

4. 11 March, 2022 / 9:54 pm

sex robot PassionDolls.comからのゴールデンのプロモーション新しいフルート奏者DOLL162cm 5ft3 Fカップなぜセックス人形を購入する必要があるのですか?ビットコイン付きのダッチワイフを購入できますか?

5. 9 May, 2022 / 2:39 am

Your own personal understanding and kindness in touching the whole lot was very helpful. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t encountered such a subject like this.

6. 16 May, 2022 / 5:11 pm

wm doll Can A Reasonable Love Doll Be Your Accomplice In Dejection And Anxiety?

7. 20 May, 2022 / 8:44 am

period. Free version offers only 50 pages, files, and websites per month.
    ■ Compared to a standard browser, Web Excavator is slower because it actually downloads the files (and experiences a slight delay on most web sites) to explore the whole page. More files are downloaded with the free version.
    Free Browser software – all of the above plus can be installed in your own web browser!
    Download the FACT pdf about Web Excavator here.
    Web Excav https://lingmafindcros.weebly.com

6add127376 gilfla

8. 20 May, 2022 / 9:07 am

Ginger: I’ve been absent from this blog for awhile so I wanted to post a quick reply to your question, something that I frequently struggle with as well. Most people think that being a director/writer/actor means that you have a lot of free time on your hands to pursue some kind of artsy path, which is not generally the case. I’ve been fortunate in that respect to be in an industry that has some wealthy fans and has grown enough https://jerconscenpa.weebly.com

6add127376 zebjes

9. 20 May, 2022 / 12:57 pm

You have any plans on movies in web? I are thinking about this, but really I didn’t any source and must do this task all on my own. I am wondering if it’s good idea if my task schedule, distribution system, content and server will be susceptible for pirates’ attacks etc. because of the user has two options for putting the content – live and track.

And this time I need to make a mobile web-based video game. I planned to embed game http://aspheute.com/service/3w_link.asp?3wsite=https://untuchapi.weebly.com

6add127376 pepydavi

10. 20 May, 2022 / 3:33 pm

The web server is not reaching your PHP script:

8.1
    Error
    PHP – HTML Encrypter is a professional application that is specifically designed to encode PHP or HTML source code with the aim of preventing other individuals from accessing your work without your consent.

Note that the Encrypt function is for encoding PHP or HTML source code, while Decode is for decoing PHP or HTML source code.

A:

I recommend Pow. https://jerconscenpa.weebly.com

6add127376 jawelvi

11. 20 May, 2022 / 11:42 pm

SterJo Firefox History Portable cannot work as a menu interface or an extension
    The last thing we’d like to mention is that the SterJo Firefox History Portable doesn’t provide any additional settings, so it is hard to find out if it was designed specifically as an app for browsing Firefox history or just for viewing the list.

Windows Softaculous WordPress Module is a simple and easy to use tool that lets you install a WordPress CMS in a matter of minutes from the comfort of your own https://mykingdomtoken.com/upload/files/2022/05/qfJ5fmXcGOusZAnRGqKm_19_5aa63e0e4b8f534f976f00ea5b34d84a_file.pdf 05e1106874 hendamo

12. 12 June, 2022 / 11:08 am

Say, you got a nice article. Keep writing. You recognize, a lot of persons are looking around for this information, you could help them greatly. Sex Doll Blog

13. 20 June, 2022 / 9:47 pm

sexdollsoff You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a terrific web site

14. 22 June, 2022 / 4:43 am

Hi mates, its fantastic article concerning tutoringand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.

15. 22 June, 2022 / 4:48 am

Thanks, man. Yeah, I’m amazed by the feedback the post has received. Amazed and happy